Happy Sunday beauties…
It’s been a while… I don’t have much going on with my hair at the moment and so I decided to start doing food recipe posts.
One of my objectives for the blog this year was to be creative and create interesting content and I like cooking and creating new recipes and so here’s what I had for dinner yesterday!
What you need:
- 3 smoked fish(I don’t know the exact name of this fish but I really liked it) and 1 stock fish head
- Lean meat(cooked and spiced)
- Crayfish and fresh peppers (blended)
- Sliced onions..a bulb!
- Fresh Pumpkin leaves(chopped) called nkong on my local dialect!
- Fresh water leaves(chopped)
They are in that order in the photo above!
Others that are not in the photo are:
- Palm oil,salt and maggi
What to do:
- Put some quantity of water in a clean pot and add your stock fish to the water in the pot. Leave to boil for about 15 minutes!
- Add the smoked fish and meat and the crayfish/pepper mix. Leave for 5 minutes!
- Add your water leaves and then add your palm oil or any oil of your choice. Don’t stir! Leave it to cook till it turns to a fade green. Then stir!
- Add salt and maggi or any spices you prefer.
- Add the green pumpkin leaves and leave to cook and that’s all
- If you want it fresh, you could leave to cook for only 5 minutes after adding the pumpkin. Its better that way…for me!
- Serve hot!
I ate my soup..nkong efere(fresh pumpkin leaf soup) and then made a apple/watermelon smoothie to go with it because lately I’ve started eating healthyand taking more veggies!
So that’s all! Have you eaten this food before? Is the mode or preparation similar to any if your local delicacies? Would you love to try this? Let me know your thoughts. I love reading and replying to your comments.
Thank you all. 😁