Arise, O compatriots
Nigeria’s call obey
To serve our fatherland
With love and strength and faith
The labor of our heroes past
Shall never be in vain
To serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom,peace and unity.
Oh God of creation,
Direct our noble cause
Guide our leader’s right
Help our youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation
Where peace and justice shall reign
Hurray! NIGERIA is 55 years old. I’m proud to be a Nigerian 🙂
To Celebrate Nigeria’s Independence, i decided to give Tamara(my hair) a special treat(as today is also my washday.)
A Clarifying Mud Wash!
I made a post yesterday about clarifying natural hair with Dead Sea Mud and in the spirit of independence, i wanted to rid my hair and skin of alllll buildup.
So i took some of the Dead Sea Mud that my mom brought back from Israel (i love using things that are available)
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS MUD WASH
- Dead Sea Mud
- A bowl
- 10ml of water
- One tablespoonful of any light Oil(i used Olive oil for this purpose)
- A TOWEL
- I loosened my hair because my hair was in cornrows and i almost cried…
Hair just seems to look good on washdays
- Then i added the spoonful of Olive Oil to the mud and mixed together with a spoon and then mixed in the water.
- I had my towel over my shoulders and dampened my hair a bit before i started applying the mud gradually till i covered the whole of my head. I massaged into my scalp gently. i had some on my face too but before that, i applied some olive oil under my eyes to keep it moisturized. The mud should not get into your eyes.
- I left on for about an hour. I could feel this hot,sweet stinging sensation on my face and scalp. Remember, Dead Sea Mud helps in blood circulation. I washed the mud off after an hour and…my hair has never felt so soft.
- I locked in the moisture with the Raw African Shea Butter i got from the mall yesterday for 400naira only and brethren, up to this very minute that i write to you…my hair is 100% not dry and my hair has never felt this soft and clean 😀 And it’s like the black spots on my face just disappeared.
FINALLY TODAY’S LOOK
I got my band and pushed up my wash and go into a small puff. My makeup too is dedicated to Nigeria(i used green eyeshadow..lol)
HAPPY NAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY NIGERIA…