What’s up cuties..
Thank God it’s weekend 😀
I cooked up a good DIY Leave-in Conditioner for my twists.
That’s the DIY spirit in me 😀
My PS is getting to its fourth week and i must say..it’s getting really boring as i’ve never had my hair away from human eyes for such a long time in a long time.
So this was done out of boredom,if i do say so myself.
I noticed some Aloevera plants on my neighbours frontyard this morning as i was on an errand for mum and i asked for some and got some.
I now made a leave-in with it for the twists and my hair underneath it because it was looking kinda dull and i decided to step up my hair game. 🙂
Well in this post i’m going to give two recipes using the Aloe vera; the Leave-in and the detangler solution
These are very simple recipes and won’t cost a thing..unless Aloe vera plants are not available in your area.
ALOE VERA LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER RECIPE
WHAT YOU NEED:
– A stem of Aloe vera
You can use more if you want to enough to
use for a longer period.
– 3 tablespoonfuls of water.
– 2 tablespoonfuls of Olive oil or any oil of
The final Mixture is the one in the photo.
WHAT TO DO:
– Scrape out the Aloe Gel with a knife.
– Blend the aloe vera gel with a blender.
– Strain the gel with a cheese cloth to get a smooth gel and avoid bits of white stuff in your hair.
– Mix in the Olive oil
– Then mix in the Water.
– Stir with a spoon or a mixer.
You can store excess in a bottle and use up in not less than a week .
– Spritz your hair (if hair is not in ps)
– Massage a reasonable quantity of the mixture into hair and scalp.
If hair is in a PS,massage it into the length of your hair in the braids.
– Style as desired.
ALOE VERA DETANGLING CONDITIONER
Aloe vera is a very good option for a DIY organic detangler because it is very slippery and a good detangler is determined by it’s slip.
It also softens the hair.
WHAT YOU NEED:
– A spritz bottle
– 2-3 Stems of Aloe vera
– A knife
– A blender
– A cheese cloth or strainer
– 10ml of water(a tablespoonful)
WHAT TO DO:
– Scrape out the Aloe gel with a knife.
– Blend the gel and then strain with a cheese cloth to get a smooth gel.
– Add the 10ml of water.
– Start with damp hair.
– Spritz the solution thoroughly to hair in sections
– Work through each section gently with your fingers and make sure each section is saturated with the detangling solution.
– Clip or twist each section when you are done.
– Continue with the rest of your washday treatments. 🙂
I hope this helps someone.
As for my PS.. I don’t know o.
Pray for me to be able to carry it for at least 8weeks. 😦
I miss Tamara so much..