Today is another WASH DAY again and my hair is in cornrows..i’m not taking them out. I’ll just deep condition with the cornrows as it helps to retain moisture too!
I chose to do more with GROUNDNUT OIL,hence my Deep conditioning mixture of Groundnut Oil and Honey..
– 4 tablespoonfuls of Honey
– 2 tablespoonfuls of Groundnut Oil
– Mix in a clean bowl (i use small stainless steel bowls for my deep conditioning mixtures)
– Heat for 1 minute.
– Apply on clean hair.
– Leave on for 3 hours (or as desired)
– Rinse out with water or very little conditioner.
(Review Coming Later)
We all know that honey is one the best hair moisturizers as it;
– Is an emollient which means it is a natural softener.
This makes it a great hair
conditioner that smoothens your hair.
– Is a natural antioxidant, so it tends to make your scalp healthy and stimulate hair growth
– Is a humectant, it tends to prevent the loss of moisture from
your scalp and also high sugar
content which helps to retain moisture.
This as a result prevents hair fall and strengthens the hair follicles.
– Comprises of antibacterial and
antiseptic qualities too.
This prevents our scalp from infections or psoriasis and tends
to keep our scalp clean and bacteria-free and also keeps us away from dandruff and itchiness on your scalp.
So i think no one(except very few) has really been using Groundnut Oil on their hair.
Lemme give y’all a head start.
SOME INTERESTING THINGS I FOUND OUT ABOUT GROUNDNUT OIL.
Groundnut is also known as goober, pinder, peanut, earthnut and ground pea.
GROUNDNUT OIL is natural sweet and flavoured edible oil. It has a beautiful shining light yellow color, a neutral taste and a rich nutty aroma.
Groundnut oil is very high on energy, has a very high burning and smoking point, and contains monounsaturated fats, Vitamins A, D and E
– Reduces protein loss
– Thickens the hair
– Adds moisture to split ends and regenerates damaged hair.
– It also reduces flaking of the scalp.
The final ‘Benefit’ is for my girls!
• Fill a mug with warm water.
• Gently brush your lips with a toothbrush
for 3-4 minutes.
• Wipe your lips with cotton moistened with
warm water until smooth.
• Pick off loose skin.
• Massage the lips with Groundnut oil.
• For best results, leave overnight to have softer lips!
DO YOU USE GROUNDNUT OIL FOR YOUR HAIR? SHARE PLEASE?
To read more about My recipes that include GROUNDNUT OIL, see here.
Have a nice day y’all.